Monday, November 24, 2008

The dreaded name change!

So I need to do it and I want to do it, but wow does it sound like a pain!  

I am planning on changing my name from:

Gina Louise Mazzella to Gina Mazzella Fresquez
 
Now most people say name changing for marriage is no big deal but I am trying to make it difficult.  I hear changing your middle name is another story.... my sister attempted to do it almost 4 years ago and I think she is still working on it. 

So wish me luck as I embark on a journey filled with Social Security offices, DMVs, and lots and lots of paperwork!

1 comment:

steph said...

i have yet to change my name... though i now have all of the paperwork complete. i just need to find some time to head back down to the court to do it.

in nyc, i have to have my new name published in a paper before it is legally change... strange. obviously, it is a pain. oh, and you can't change your name and still expect to use your already purchased plane tickets... they don't allow for name changes. i'm blaming that rule for me slacking now b/c i have two already-purchased airfares...

good luck! i know that your name will be changed before mine!